Monday, June 20, 2011

Quiche


Until about 6 months ago, I only used Bisquick to make pancakes. Then I made a huge ham and needed to do something with the leftovers. So I found a recipe for a quiche using a Bisquick crust and it was amazing. I don't consider quiche to be a very manly meal but my husband ate most of it and now loves quiche. The best thing about this recipe is you can use whatever meat, cheese and veggies you have on hand and it will be delicious. I have even used deli ham. You could also substitute milk for the half and half.

Quiche
1 1/4 cups Bisquick
1/4 cup butter or margarine softened
2 Tbsp boiling water
1 cup of ham, bacon or sausage
1 cup of cheese
1 1/2 cups Half and half
3 eggs
1/2 tsp salt
splash of hot sauce

Preheat oven to 400 and grease the bottom of a 9 inch pie pan. Mix the bisquick, butter and water until it forms a ball. Press and spread the mixture on the bottom and up the sides of the pie pan. Mix the rest of the ingredients and pour into the crust. Bake for 30-35 min. I usually sprinkle a bit of extra cheese on the top the last 10 min of baking.

This is an easy summer dinner to serve with a salad. It's also a great dish to make ahead of time and reheat before serving. Enjoy!

No comments: