Sunday, February 19, 2012

Beer Bread


I've always used Tastefully Simple's Beer Bread Mix so I had no idea how easy it was to make beer bread from scratch. I would recommend using an amber beer or darker when making this. Last night I used a Corona and it was good but the dark beer gives the bread a richer flavor. This is a great bread to cut into small pieces and serve with a dip. It would also be delicious with soup. Hmmm maybe a beer cheese soup will be my next recipe.

3 cups of flour
1/2 cup of sugar
1 beer
3 Tbsp of butter

Preheat oven to 375. Grease a loaf pan and set aside. In a bowl mix the flour, sugar and beer. The dough will be very sticky. Pour mixture into the greased loaf pan and top with 1Tbsp of the butter diced into small cubes. Bake for 50 min. Melt the remaining 2 Tbsp of butter and pour on the bread. Put bread back in the oven and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until golden brown.

1 comment:

nate.primecp said...

I would Love to feature this recipe on Recipelion and share it with our readers. Please email me at nmaisel@primecp if you would like to be featured in our newsletters. I hope to hear back from you soon.