Thursday, May 26, 2011

A Chicken Sandwich

It's almost time to go grocery shopping and there are only a few random things left to eat. Therefore, I had to get creative with tonight's dinner. I knew I was going to marinade chicken in a tequila-lime marinade but I didn't know exactly what I was going to do with it. Then after my first cup of coffee at 5:45am it hit me, I'll make a chicken sandwich.

2 large boneless, skinless breasts
tequila lime marinade- I used a Weber grill seasoning packet from the store
4 French rolls
1 cup mayo
1 garlic clove
shredded cheese
8 slices of bacon

Marinade the chicken for at least 3 hours. Chop the garlic and mash it into a paste with the side of the knife. Add garlic to the mayo and put in the fridge. Preheat the grill and cook the chicken for about 20 min. While the chicken is cooking, cook the bacon. After 15 min, put the French rolls on the grill and toast them. When the chicken is cooked, let it rest for a few minutes and then slice. To assemble the sandwiches, spread the garlic mayo on each side of the bread. Then layer the chicken, bacon and cheese.

No comments: