Thursday, May 5, 2011

Meatloaf

I think many people have a love/hate relationship with meatloaf. As a kid, I thought a big hunk of dry meat sometimes slathered with some ketchup was pretty nasty. But over the past few years, meatloaf and I have developed a better relationship. I have tried several recipes and discovered that turkey or any beef leaner than 85% is too dry for my taste.

Here are two of my favorites. The first is a bacon wrapped meatloaf of course! This meatloaf is perfect. It's from The Pioneer Woman blog. Her blog is amazing and I honestly don't know how she does it with 4 kids but whatever. The second is a slow cooker meatloaf. I have found that 4-5 hours is the perfect cooking time. I usually mix 1/2 cup bbq sauce with 1/2 cup ketchup instead of 1 cup ketchup. Both of these recipes are ridiculously juicy and best served with mashed potatoes. Enjoy!

Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf www.thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2010/09/my-favorite-meatloaf/

Slow Cooker Meatloaf www.bobevans.com/recipe/Slow_Cooker_Meatloaf.aspx

No comments: