Sunday, May 1, 2011

Beef Nacho Casserole

I know, know I need a picture. I love this dish. I usually have most of the ingredients on hand and it's easy to make. The girls and I can easily devour the 9x9 pan. It's that good.


  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1 1/2 cups salsa
  • 1 (10 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained OR 1 1/2 cups of frozen corn, cooked
  • 3/4 cup mayo
  • 1 teaspoon chili powder
  • 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
  • 2 cups shredded cheese


  • Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the ground beef in a large skillet and drain the grease. Cook the corn in the microwave or on stovetop. Remove the beef from the heat, and stir the salsa, corn, mayonnaise and chili powder into the beef. In a 9x9in casserole dish, layer the ground beef mixture, tortilla chips and cheese and repeat. Bake for 20 minutes uncovered in the preheated oven, until cheese is melted and dish is thoroughly heated.

    A few tweaks I've made- add some seasoning to the beef. I like using McCormick Grill Mates Montreal seasoning and Cumin. The Montreal seasoning adds a nice flavor to ground beef and I use it in most beef and hamburger dishes. Also, if you like hot salsa like I do, don't use an entire 1 1/2 cups in this recipe or you will be sweating profusely as you eat dinner. Mix the hot salsa with a mild salsa to make 1 1/2 cups. Any cheese will work for this recipe. Tortilla chips are the best but I've even used potato chips for this recipe and it turned out ok. Good luck and enjoy!

    No comments: